Saturday, August 4, 2007

ABC - "Always Be Cautious"

Every now and then, I feel compelled to pop in my Boiler Room DVD. Yeah, it's entertaining. But, for me, it's a reminder of the kind of folks who, sadly, have yet to disappear in this industry.

How do I know? I've seen "so-called" advisors talk so fast it'd make your head spin for days. These were the "advisors" who would scream through telephone lines, lie through their teeth, brow-beat clients, misrepresent expected returns, and generally do just about anything to make a buck. If they could sell their own grandmothers up the river without a paddle, granny would be out of SOL.

Take it from me, it's unfortunate that the securities world can still get really ugly really fast if you fall for the wrong pitch.

So, if you've never seen Boiler Room, do yourself a favor and read this fantastic review, get the flick, watch it, and consider it part of your education.

No comments: